Thursday, April 23, 2020

Top 5 Favorite Shows

I would've done this sooner, but I had to work out the placements, plus there's one show I found that I don't want to sit on for too long, on the off chance someone beats me to the punch. This could be a good way for you to figure out where my tastes lie. It won't be easy for me, because it's so much easier to criticize, but I'll do my best.

#5: The Loud House

Much like how the Fairly Odd Parents is a show that I hate but I have a lot of episodes I like, The Loud House is the other extreme, where I like the show, but not a lot of the episodes. Aside from some exceptions on an episode basis, what saves this show for me is its characters and style. For the latter, it has an old-school look to it, and in spite of being produced with flash, it still pops. It reminds me of a more stable version of Schoolhouse Rock or some old slice of life comic. For the characters, while they embody archetypes, they are able to break from it. It may not seem like a big deal, but while most of the worst episodes occur because of what the sisters do, they're still likable to me.

#4: Invader Zim

I don't know how I got into dark humor, but I'm willing to bet it started here. Compared to what I've seen beforehand, this was the most unique show to me as a kid. Some scenes got to me, but now that I'm older, I have a stronger stomach for it and I can get behind the zany humor. Not to mention, it had a hell of a good finale.

This show had already been talked to death, so I'll just leave it at the fact that this is my favorite Nickelodeon show hands down.

#3: Titus

Basically an ill-known Fox sitcom from the early-2000s. I listed this show on an old outline determining my brand of humor. It's a collection of physical comedy bits with some clever verbal lead ins. For comedies, it's better to see them than to just explain them. Only reason this is lower is because its star turned out to be overly-political. Not cool.

#2: Night Visions

Much like how Invader Zim is my favorite Nickelodeon show, this is my favorite Fox show. Night Visions is a horror anthology show that aired in 2001. I like horror anthology shows, and this one hits the right notes for me. There're some corny lines here and there, but it gives this show a little extra identity. But the best thing about the show is its twist endings, I've been caught off guard a few times with each episode, and even if you sense a twist, you'd still be surprised where the twist would go.

The series is on YouTube, and I suggest you should check out an episode.

#1: Class of 3000

You surprised? To put it like this, this is one of the few shows where I managed to revisit every single episode I could. This musical show was hosted by Andre 3000 and aired on Cartoon Network in 2006. It got by through some incredibly good songs and featuring unique animations to go along with it. Not to mention, the characters are well realized, but I don't want to spoil too much for you.

This also ranks highly on my humor influence, with good visual gags and clever one-liners.

No comments:

Post a Comment