Thursday, July 26, 2018

Hyped For...

Given the current scope of the media industry, there's so little to look forward to nowadays, so here's some shows I'm looking forward to. Okay, a show and a movie, two things, only two things that I have any hope for.

Disenchantment
From the mind of Matt Groening, so chances are we'll be in good hands. Given that Groening's previous shows were tied to the present (The Simpsons) and the future (Futurama), it's only appropriate that his next toss into the ring be set in the past. Well, as much of the past as any fantasy series.

On the exterior, some might call this an edgy rip-off of Adventure Time (given everyone's obsession with that sugary mess I won't be surprised if someone makes that asinine comparison, but that won't happen surely.), but after watching the trailer, and seeing how this made the entry, I'm interested to see how this goes.

Essentially the series focuses on Princess Bean, who goes through tropes akin to many of rebellious princesses and seeks to find a deeper purpose in life. Though she's also an alcoholic so she has that edge. Given the level of political correctness that plagues moves and TV shows nowadays, you may think that Bean may be a character who's always in the right no matter what and it's her that tries to sway the guys into following the right path, but you'd be wrong.

Princess Bean stands out as a character who's naive to most things and, judging by the trailer, resorts to extreme measures to find her purpose in life and solve the conflict of the day. She also isn't the most intelligent character in the show as she's still able to make mistakes.
We all make mistakes, that's just being human, and not part of a political agenda that evokes a hidden sense of sexism.

I probably won't catch the show on Netflix, so I'm holding out for one of those free-viewing sites to have it at some point. I don't know how long this show will last, but where this show begins, at some point The Simpsons will end, and I expect a majority of the comments on the show to be about how it's better than the newer Simpsons, which they have the power to not watch like they have been for the past few years and thus giving the show enough viewership to continue the influx of new episodes. Glad I got that out of the way.

The trailer for the show is right here.

Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus
To show that I'm interested in the movie, I made this my Twitter icon.

As some of you may already know, I'm a fan of Invader Zim. I had one of the main characters as my avatar for a while to exemplify this. Obviously I'm looking forward to the movie, and that's really all I have to say about it. Only thing I could add is that the style looks slightly different, done to resemble the style used in the Invader Zim comics. Given that those are more recent, I understand why they went that direction.

Not sure if I'll catch it, might do the same thing as I would with Disenchantment, but I really hope it goes well.

Trailer for that down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment