Tuesday, April 27, 2021

LTA: The Loud House, movie and what not

 The upcoming Loud House Movie is another in a series of films made by Nickelodeon for Netflix, the others being Invader Zim Enter the Florpus and Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling, plus maybe some crappy turtle cartoon if it ever comes up.

Enter the Florpus was amazing, and I'm interested in checking out Static Cling now that the buzz died out, and I'd probably vouch for this movie given that I vouched for the show for the most part some time ago. But I won't, frankly I'm done with the show as a whole. It wasn't the fans that drove me to this because some degenerates don't hit as hard as people brandishing the name of a dead man who'd be unable to speak up about it just because people are too retarded to read between the lines, or people are indirectly ruining another show for people by overrating it to the high heavens.

At first I was interested in the show as it had a retro aesthetic and feel, but that's what led to its downfall as it fell into the same web of generic shows with one-note, sometimes annoying characters and basic premises with annoying effects (and damn I had no idea how annoying the theme song was,) and the only thing keeping me holding on was spiting some guy who gets hard to golden age cartoons.

But in spite of my vague opinions, this show is still very popular and has received the honor of a Netflix movie. Well, you know how Enter the Florpus and Static Cling went all out through their story and art direction, helping provide an acceptable conclusion to their respective shows?

To sum up, The Loud House Movie feels like a collection of episodes that were combined together to make a feature length production. The trailer which gives no indication of a work in progress is really starting to make me wonder.

Only thing different is the higher quality backgrounds. I have an idea on what the plot deals with but I don't wanna make any assumptions. It does seem like a classic style family film, at least that's what I'm hoping it is, otherwise it can go suck a livewire.

Compared to other Nickelodeon Netflix specials, this is a big step down, it doesn't compete. If you were to cut up the segments into episodes and show them on television I doubt anyone would be able to tell the difference. Why not just air it on the main network? You can get away with it being a TV movie.

I'm harping on this because it not only gives me a low impression of the movie, but an idea on how Nickelodeon views the show as a whole. The other movies, I can at least see a big iota of creative passion put toward the thing, especially when it came to incorporating new ideas, but here, this feels more corporate.

Let's put it this way, I know I'm tempting fate here, but ever since Chris Savino got booted the show lost some creative identity (though to be fair the earlier seasons really did suck.) We don't have the genesis of the whole show, rather, we have a group handling things from herein. It's produced in a simplistic style with simplistic characters, with non-offensive but relevant material enough to ensure people tune into it and keep the ratings high.

The fact the movie has a similar feel to the show further represents why I feel this way, it's no longer creative, just a brand that can be manipulated by anyone. I'm sure the movie may be fine at best, but unless you're into the show it's probably not gonna be anything special.

No comments:

Post a Comment